Cleansing the skin is often underestimated.
Thorough facial cleansing is the heart of your daily skincare routine.
A good cleanse can be one of the most therapeutic and relaxing parts of a daily skincare routine, while preparing the skin for the powerful serums and moisturisers to come.
Facial skin should be cleansed twice a day - morning and evening.
It is important to understand the basic face care routine and learn to apply it step by step.
Depending on your skin type, this beauty routine can then be optimised - by varying the products, care intervals and active ingredient concentrations.
Your facial skin collects sweat, dead skin cells and sebum every day, which, together with environmental pollution and make-up residues, can clog your pores and cause blemishes. That's why regular cleansing morning and night is the most important step to healthy-looking, beautiful skin.
The basic skin care routine should include the following steps: Make-up Remover, Cleanse, Toner, Eye Contour, Moisturiser (cream, serum or gel), Sunscreen (morning routine only).
1. Make-up remover
No matter how late it is or how tired you feel - make-up should always be removed.
Dirt, sebum and make-up residues need to be removed daily. This is because they can build up in the small recesses of the skin and lead to clogged pores, skin impurities and irritation.
Important: be especially careful when removing make-up from your eyes.
The skin around the eyes is the most sensitive and thinnest, if we rub too much we thin it out even more and encourage the appearance of fine lines.
Put the product on the cloth or cotton pads you use to remove make-up, then place them on your eyes for 1 minute so that the product dissolves the make-up.
Then remove the rest of the product with movements from top to bottom.
Cleansing products remove dirt.
The skin should be clean in the morning before applying make-up and at night before going to bed. Only then does it get enough air to breathe and can regenerate optimally.
Proper facial cleansing in the skin care routine:
- wet the face with warm water to open the pores and make the skin supple;
- apply cleanser in circular motions and leave on for a few minutes if necessary;
Wash off the cleanser;
- rinse the face with cold water to allow the pores to close again.
3. Tone: Tonic or hydrolate.
Pour toner onto hands and smooth over entire face.
Gently pat in until toner is absorbed.
Toner is important for restoring the pH of the skin.
There are different types of toners: astringent, cleansing, soothing, balancing and refreshing.
4. Eye contour
The eye contour is a very delicate, thin, sensitive area and needs special care.
NEVER use face cream to treat the eye contour.
Face creams have a different ph than that suitable for the contour and could irritate the eyes; they do not have the specific active ingredients to improve the condition of bags and dark circles; they are not nourishing enough for this area.
Products formulated for the eye contour are:
- rich in nourishing, moisturising and decongesting ingredients;
- help microcirculation and prevent fluid stagnation.
How to use it?
Gently tap the product onto the eye contour with your ring finger until absorbed.
Read our article dedicated to eye care here.
5. Creams, serums or gels
After all the steps of the facial routine, our skin needs hydration.
Creams, serums and gels improve the condition of our skin tissue. You can't do without them!
- Cream: There is a watery phase and an oily phase. Therefore, they have a thicker consistency.
- Liquids: The fatty phase is less.
- Serums: completely free of the fat component, rich in active ingredients. Therefore, it can also be used as an enhancer before the cream.
- Gel: just like the serum, it has no oily component. Depending on which one we choose, it can be more or less rich in active ingredients. It can be pure, like hyaluronic acid, or enriched with active ingredients. The gel can also be used as an enhancer.
This step should only be done in the morning.
Sunscreen should ALWAYS be used to avoid sun spots or skin problems.
We? We even use it in winter!
Doubts? Questions? Curiosity?
Or: need help understanding which product is right for you?
Don't hesitate to contact us!