Indigo (Black Henna)
The Indigo Powder by Le Erbe di Janas is particularly fine, natural and of exceptionally high quality. It easily forms a creamy paste without creating any clumps. It is just as easy to wash out.
Indigo gives your hair an intensive dark/black shade that wraps itself around the keratin layer of the hair shaft, which not only dyes the hair but also protects it and ensures increased volume.
Blonde hair should be dyed twice with indigo or first with henna before applying the indigo powder, to ensure a dark colour result. Grey hair must first be dyed with henna before applying the indigo shade.
- Mix a sufficient amount of power with cold/warm water and allow it to rest for 10 minutes before applying the paste to clean, dry hair.
- Add a small amount of baking soda or a pinch of salt to the mixture to improve hold.
- Leave on for 1 - 2 hours then rinse.
- Do not use shampoo.
- Apply a conditioner to the hair if needed.
- It is recommended to rinse with an acidic rinse (water and vinegar mixture) as the last step for long-lasting results.