Gond Katira, also referred to as Tragacanth, is used as a natural thickener and gelling raw material in cosmetics. It can be used as a conditioner or mask in hair care to boost resilience and volume. Therefore, it is perfect for brittle, dry or unruly hair. The raw material is ideal for dry skin as a standalone face mask or mixed with clay and herbs.
- Mix with water (20 g of powder in 1 litre of water) and leave to rest overnight.
- Once the mixture as taken on a gel-like consistency, stir then apply to clean, damp hair.
- Comb through the hair and wrap in clingfilm.
- Rinse out with shampoo after 15 - 20 minutes.
- Use as a styling product to enhance definition. Simply apply a small amount to the hair using your fingers.
- It can also be used as a base for herbal face masks and hair dyes.
- The gel lasts for ca. 10 days when stored in a securely closed in a container in the fridge.
- Use as a standalone raw ingredient or mixed with clay or herbs as a face mask. Apply to the face avoiding the eye and mouth areas.
- Leave on for 10 - 15 minutes. Do not allow to dry on the skin. Hydrate the mask with water or floral water.