Kamala powder is extracted from the fruit of the kamala tree and is used as a hair dye, that lends the strands a beautiful cool tones in light red or orange.
The powder can be used as an excellent anti-dandruff treatment, fights parasites, conditions, moisturises and has antioxidant properties. Hair is thus softened and shiny.
Combining kamala powder with henna intensifies the tone and improves wear.
- Place the powder in a bowl and mix the powder with cold water, using half a glass of water for every 3 spoons of powder.
- Warm the paste by placing the bowl in warm water.
- Stir continuously until a soft, smooth paste is formed.
- Other plant powders can be added to the mixture if needed.
- Set the paste aside to cool and apply to the hair.
- Leave on for 1 - 2 hours and rinse thoroughly.
- Finish with a water-vinegar rinse to lock in suppleness and shine.
- Mallotus Philippensis Fruit Powder