Manjistha (Common Madder)
Common madder, also known as Manjistha in Ayurveda, lends hair a cherry-toned nuance. Ideal for problem skin.
It is recommended to use common madder mixed with damask rose as a conditioning mask. Avoid contact with eyes, mouth and mucous membranes!
Note: This product contains Rubia cordifolia root powder, not Rubella tinctoria. The latter is classified as harmful and should not be used as cosmetics!
- Mix the powder with boiling water.
- The mixture should have a yoghurt-like consistency if you desire darker tones.
- Other plant powders can be mixed in to achieve a synergy effect.
- Cover for 15 minutes then apply to dry hair.
- Leave on for at least 2 hours.
- Rinse well and follow up with an acidic rinse (a mixture of vinegar and water) as the last step. This will boost shine and suppleness.
- As a face mask, mix with plant powders and/or clay to prevent unwanted discolouration.
- Leave on for 10 minutes.
- Do not let the mask dry on the skin - moisten the skin with water or herbal water if needed.
- Avoid contact with the eyes and mouth.
- Rubia Cordifolia Root Powder